Monday, December 18, 2017

Two Fabric Bargello

lm10

This is Lucinda’s Two Fabric Bargello and she made it at a class at Up North Quilt Shop.  The pattern is called “Two Fabric Bargello” and is designed by Susie Weaver.   Lucinda asked for light custom quilting and when I loaded the quilt on my machine I still had no idea how to quilt it.  My first though was to add one row of feathers to each side of the focus fabric shape and then do a background fill.  But once I quilted the feathers I knew that a background fill would take away from the texture of the feathers so I kept feathering rows, alternating their travel direction.

lm12lm13

I used a teal coloured So Fine thread on the ombre fabric and charcoal So Fine on the focus fabric. Its hard to see the quilting on the focus fabric but I did straight lines with U Turns back and forth to fill that space.

lm15

lm18

I used Quilters Dream Blend batting.

lm16lm19

I was so happy to see the sun shine yesterday afternoon and the wind had calmed down so I could get some outdoor pictures in the fresh snow.

lm20

lm21

I am now done my quilts for December. In the past I usually took all of December off but this year with the move I decided to keep working to catch up, which I did!  I also am taking a few weeks off in January as a good friend is coming to visit from Australia for two weeks so I’m very excited about that visit.   So I am now booking into late January and have February wide open so if you need a quilt done just email me to book a spot!   I don’t think I have ever had this empty of a booking list but that’s okay as I haven’t even starting advertising I am here yet!  Now I get to work on a few of my own projects and quilts for the next few week!

lm17

6 comments:

  1. Snow,.glorious snow. And from a distance the quilt looks like it has jewels sprinkled on the bargello, what fantastic quilting to finish a stunning quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilting. Beautiful photos. Enjoy your ME time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has a calming affect, just like starring at the waves of the ocean. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a quilter, but WOW!! This is a true work of art! You should submit it to a state / national contest - it's that well done for sure! ����

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, this is superb, love the feathers. Lucinda's choices are really lovely. Glad someone else loads a quilt and has no idea how to quilt it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the beautiful feather quilting added to the effect of flowing color up and down!! Just Gorgeous!! you are very talented and a gift to the quilting world! take care and Merry Christmas from Iowa

    ReplyDelete