Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas!

xmas(3)2016

I want to take this opportunity to wish all my blog readers a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year!   I also wanted to thank you for visiting my small little corner of the online world of quilting and for leaving comments when you can.   I know many of you enjoy my photos of the ‘quilts in the snow’ and of the Northern Lights and I’m happy to share my northern life with you.  I have always lived where the winters are frigid so have learned to embrace the cold and have fun in it!  

Tim and I were freezing soap bubbles again the other day when it was –26’c.   I have shared this last winter here.

bubble1bubble2bubble3

I have been working on my Dresden quilt and it is going well, I’m about half way done.

IMG_1819

I also received a wonderful Christmas gift from my husband.  A 150-600mm zoom lens!!!   Now I can work on my wildlife photography skills in the New Year, those otters won’t know I’m there! Smile

IMG_1823

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and I look forward to sharing more quilty goodness with you in the new year. 

xmas2016

I just realized I’m now the shortest in the family!

13 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family! I love your photos and your quilting is so inspiring to me. Thank you for sharing with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely family photo, and I join you in the shortest category too!!! Soap bubbles, snow, I love them all, and so many wonderful good wishes to you and yours for a Happy New Year. Greetings from a very warm 26 Celsius in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool family photo! That lens will mean even more fabulous photo's. Loving the Dresden progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and yours! I wish you joy and peace and good health. Great photo of your family. I enjoy reading your blog and looking at your beautiful work. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my GOSH! That is beautiful but SO FRIGHTFUL!!! I HATE the cold so wouldn't last long at all where you live. I can just stay warm (most of the time) and look at your gorgeous photos. No need to see it in person! HA Hope your Christmas was wonderful. It was 73 when I was driving home after 7pm--WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Merry Christmas to you. I so enjoy both your quilts and your photos. It is so fun to experience real winter thru them. I grew up when winters were cold and kinda sorta miss them. Altho I suspect that if it were that cold I would complain. It is so silly here in Washington DC where if the temp goes below freezing all the weather reports start going on and on about it being dangerous and life threatening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love seeing all of your beautiful photos, and learning about your life up north. I wish you and your family very merry Christmas and a marvelous 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas and the very best wishes for the New Year to you and your family! I'm looking forward to seeing your new photos with that super zoom lens. So fantastic. Your blog is at the top of my reading list with my morning coffee. I find it so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like you, I'm not short but vertically challenged. I already have visions of the wonderful wildlife photos you will share. May you and your family have a wonderful 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas to you too! And WOW - what an amazing gift1!! Can't wait too see all your "practice" !! Ha !! I already love your wildlife photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas to you and your family Kathy. That is a great lens and can't wait to see the fun you have with it! Love the dresden quilt and the quilting you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas, Kathy! Your Dresden Fan quilt is coming along beautifully...we are probably good enough friends now that it would be a nice gift for me!!! You have my address, right?? LOL Keep the Northern Lights pics coming.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the best to you and your family, Kathy. I always enjoy your posts, lovely photos and enduring love for Canada north. Your quilting inspires me always and you have taken the time to quickly and kindly answer all my emails. Much success in 2017!

    ReplyDelete