Monday, December 12, 2016

Lullaby Quarter Sections

qs1

This fall I taught a Beginner Class for our guild members and we made a baby sized Quarter Sections quilt.   I loaded my sample on the machine yesterday and feathered it up!   Swirly feathers in the center and simple feathers in the outer border.  I even had time to hand stitch the binding on last night too!  The fabric is Kate and Birdie’s Lullaby collection with is so pretty!   I used a peach So Fine Thread on top and a white Bottom Line thread on the back.  Quilters Dream Blend for the batting.

qs2

I also used a piece of this collection for the back too!  The border and binding is a Bella Solid.

qs4

As you can see I have been out on the lake, there is a good 4” to 6” of ice now but only an inch of snow on top so that makes it very easy to walk around.

qs5qs3

5 comments:

  1. Your little quilt is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! The feathery texture is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this little gem! The quilting is beautiful. You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty little quilt! I love the colors and the quilting just makes the whole thing shine!

    ReplyDelete