Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Canadian Sampler

CS2016

Earlier in the year Lori and I were approached by Sew Sister Quilt Shop in Toronto and asked if we would like to design a block for their Block of the Month Program called The Canadian Sampler.     The quilt will celebrate Canada's Sesquicentennial next year and we were excited to have Highway 10 Designs be part of this project.    All the blocks were designed by Canadian pattern designers and information about the project is now available on Sew Sisters website here.

Lori and I created the Snowflake block.   It reminds me of catching snowflakes on my red knit mittens as a kid and seeing if I could find two the same, or maybe I was doing that a few weeks ago!

snowflake block

4 comments:

  1. That's pretty neat, eh?!

    -Canadian girl in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really a great block!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you explain the other blocks? We can't figure a few out! Thanks

    ReplyDelete