Friday, March 18, 2016

Feather Curls


This is Juliana's quilt and it is a gift for one of her friends.  I love all the bright colours against the white background. I don't know the name of the block or pattern but will add that info to the post once I know.  I haven't been doing much quilting this week as my hands have been aching.  A few times a year I find I really struggle with quilting because of this ache. Don't think it is arthritis just over use and my bodies way of saying 'slow down with the quilting!'


I used the Feather Curls panto on this one to add a soft texture to the piecing.  White So Fine thread on top and white Bottom Line on the pink backing.  Quilters Dream Blend batting.




We have been having crazy weather with warm days and snow melting and then cooler days with lots of snow fall!


6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt!! Your quilt is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's 'quilting'...sheesh! I need another coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen the block before but it's interesting. Nice quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen this panto before. It is really pretty! And the quilt colours and design are so bright and fresh too. A lovely gift! Great job to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Did you ever find out the name of the block or pattern? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just found out today! The pattern is called Solstice by April Rosenthal.

      Delete