Friday, January 15, 2016

Rockin' Rail Fence Quilt


This is Yvonne's Rockin' Rail Fence quilt which is a pattern by A Quilters Dream ( not the batting company).   I have watched Yvonne work on this quilt since our first retreat at Fabriculous in 2014, it was a lot of work and it turned out beautiful!  She used the Little Black Dress fabric collection and a a Stonehenge backing.



We picked the Curlz panto for the quilting and gold So Fine thread.  The batting is Quilters Dream Wool.



I was questioning my sanity when I was out taking these pictures this morning in -39'c windchill. 


7 comments:

  1. it is abeautiful quilt - and yes - you are insane! Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is gorgeous! And I love the little swirls that your quilting left in the snow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first picture with the birch trees in the background...very similar to your quilt! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhh...you could use that layout with the Alternate Routes blocks too. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally amazing and, yes, you are crazy but definitely with a purpose!!!!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Kathy. Can't wait to pick it up! It was worth the work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, that is gorgeous! Great layout ...... sorry you're so cold out there.

    ReplyDelete