Friday, September 25, 2015

Always Ivy

j4

This is Julie’s Popsicle Sticks quilt and the pattern is by Atkinson’s Designs.    I had purchased a few new pantos this summer and was happy to see that Always Ivy looked perfect on this quilt top.  It has an even quilting density which I look for in a pattern and has a nice flow to the movement when quilting it out. Might not be a beginner panto though as you can easily quilt past the three leaves and go from swirl to swirl…ask me now I know!  I have a few pantos like that and I just have to focus more when I quilting them and check over each row before I advance them.  I can really ‘zone out’ when I quilt a panto and not realize I have missed part of a design or that my bobbin thread has ran out when I get to the end of the row.

j3

Always Ivy .0225

j1

The backing is a navy polka dot Minkie and batting Quilters Dream Blend.

j2j5

5 comments:

  1. Lovely colour combinations, and design, and quilting too, naturally, as that is the finish that makes it the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is a nice panto. I had a question about whether or not you have issues and problems with the dark minky pulling through and showing up on the lighter fabrics on the top of the quilt??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your quilts! Very beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is gorgeous! Great backing and quilting with those Bonnie and Camille fabrics.

    ReplyDelete