Thursday, June 18, 2015

Four Patch Charm Quilt #5

em5
This week I’m sharing Eileen’s Four Patch Charm quilt with you.     I thought it was time I quilted it a bit differently than the one I did in my tutorial.    She did say I could quilt feathers but this doesn’t feel like a feather quilt to me.  So I changed it from pebbles with the odd swirl to lots of swirls and some pebbles.  Not a huge change but  I really like how it looks as it reminds me of swirling water on a beach. 

em10em1em3
Eileen used all batiks on the top and blue Stonehenge on the back.  I used beige and brown So Fine thread on top and a medium blue on the back.   I love how the quilting shows up on the back.

em4em6em7em8
I was really surprised to come across this pin on Pinterest.   One pin of my Four Patch Charm quilt has been repinned 10,362 times! Wow!

pinterest
Don’t forget to enter my draw to win a kit with our new Highway 10 Designs Detour pattern.  You can enter here and I’m making the draw on Saturday.
em11

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful, every square glows, and the quilting design gives it the perfect finish. So good to see a quilt displayed outside , lovely settings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and beautiful quilting. Each version of the Four Patch Charm quilt is stunning. I like how you changed things up with the quilting, Kathy. Great job, Eileen and Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a simple pattern, but so dramatic! I really like how it is off centre, and batiks really make this quilt - Beautiful ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that design! I imagine one of those 10,000+ pins is mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not surprised your original four patch was pinned so often - it's great! ThIs one is too. I like the change up with the quilting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swirls and pebbles......perfect change up!!! Love that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy, I'll just say 'Hello" again. This quilt on Pinterest is how I found you.

    ReplyDelete