Friday, June 21, 2013

Curve It Up Top Done!

curve1

Here it is, my Curve It Up quilt top and I finished it before Jenny starts her next Quilt Along! :)   You may have noticed my quilt top does not have the curved sashing design that Jenny created and that I did the ‘no seams’ tutorial on.   I struggled with finding the right fabrics for that design and it just wasn’t working for my quilt top.  So onto plan B, sash the quilt with background fabric, since I dyed 3m of it, and have the blocks float.  I surprised myself when I was shopping for a batik fabric for the outer border.  I picked a few bolts off the shelf and almost put this one back as I thought it wouldn’t look good with the blocks, boy was I wrong, it was perfect!   So always auditions fabrics even when you think they won’t work because sometimes they are exactly the fabric you need. 

curve2 curve4 curve3

I’m really happy with how it looks and it was fun making a quilt with my hand dyed fabrics. I hope to get this one quilted this summer while I’m taking a break from quilting for others.  Only two more to go and then I’m free for the summer!

curve5

5 comments:

  1. I like how you sashed it. The blocks pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kathy that looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your quilt turned out! Your layout really made your blocks pop! Love your pictures too....like always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good going Kathy! It looks terrific as usual! I love the placement of your blocks too and your choice of border fabric is perfect... can't wait to see how you quilt it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the border fabric is perfect! can't wait to see how you quilt it too! I almost have my top together...another day or two...:)

    ReplyDelete