Sunday, June 23, 2013

Bargello Bed Runner

diana1

This is Diana’s Bargello bed runner and the pattern is called Southwest Movement designed by Wendy Strumwasse.  She bought the pattern at a quilt shop in Las Vegas called The Fabric Boutique.  I love the colors in this quilt and the fact they are batik fabrics doesn’t hurt!   I quilted free hand swirls using a brown variegated Lava thread across the whole quilt to add texture without taking away from the piecing. It’s been cloudy and rainy here all week with no end in sight.  So I found a dry moment to get some pictures but they don’t show the quilting that well but the colors are very true.

diana3diana2diana5diana4

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful....colors and design. I can imagine the quilting only makes it better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the batiks and the Bargello design. Can you find out for me who the pattern is by and/or where it is available please? I'd love to have it. I googled it with no success.. Your swirly quilting design is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy: Wow! Beautiful colours and the quilting really sets off the bargello journey. And rain... who would have known we would exchange snow for rain this year! But at least we can get outside for a bit each day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, beautiful colours and the border fabric is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, beautiful colours and the border fabric is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree... Beautiful quilt and quilting! I would also be interested in the name of the deisgner for this pattern, I love doing bargello's and haven't seen this one before! Drop deead gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. tmfair5 - The pattern Southwest Movement is designed by Wendy Strumwasser. I didn't include this info in my post as I could not find any reference to this pattern online anywhere. Diana said she purchased this pattern when she was in Las Vegas, so hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got the pattern in Las Vegas from the Fabric Boutique ,in 2010.That was the first time I made a Bargello.

    ReplyDelete