Friday, November 23, 2012

Modern Bed Runner

yvonne3

I was so excited when Yvonne brought me this bed runner and asked for modern quilting on it.  This is the first time a client has asked for modern quilting so I can finally put my online quilting class with Angela Walters to work!  

Yvonne2

This quilt pattern is called Shades of Grey and is from Kim Schaefer’s book Skinny Quilts.

yvonne4

I asked Yvonne what fabric collection she use and she said they were a ‘mismatch of fat quarters’….they look so good together I thought they were a collection.   Some are Timeless Treasures and some are from the Remembrance collection by Brannock and Patek.

yvonne1

  I decided to just stitch in the ditch and the do spiral squares in the centers of each square and around the light coloured frames in the center. It was a lot of fun stitching out the spirals and not worrying about them looking exactly the same.   No marking at all!

yvonne6

I almost forgot to take a picture of the backing fabric, it was so unique and goes so well with the modern style!

10 comments:

  1. I love this...simple and so effective. And perfect for your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy: Ooooh! This bed topper is fabulous. Awesome Modern Quilting technique. It looks like you had a lot of fun with this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.It`s gorgeous and your quilting is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cool! I'll bet you appreciated your Bliss when doing this design. You have such great control. Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful bed runner! And there you go Kathy, I knew you could do the modern quilting... great design! G

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your modern quilting. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it too! great fabrics-great quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bed runner , I discovered your great blog through the blogathon , such a terrific idea . I am a new follower !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this one! And the quilting pattern really enhances the quilt. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete