Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mahjongg Quilt

   lynn4

This is Lynn’s Mahjongg quilt and the pattern is from Sweetgrass Creative Designs.  This is a great pattern to use when you want to highlight a fabric that has a large print and I really like her fabric choices.

lynn1

Lynn asked for it to be quilted with the Tickle Panto to add a soft curved texture.  I used a light blue/green So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.

lynn3

I really like the border fabric Lynn used as the striped fabric gives the illusion of a piano key pieced border without all the piecing :)

lynn5

4 comments:

  1. Sooo pretty, Kathy! Great quilting design for that quilt. Soft and and lots of movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purdy, purdy! Colours are so sweet! Love the quilting design too, and the thread colour is perfect. There's where I always second guess myself. Another beautiful job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors remind me of water, very pretty quilt. I especially like the panto, need to put that on my wish list.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like that Lynn put the wide white border. It frames the blocks in the centre really well.

    ReplyDelete