Thursday, May 24, 2012

Flying Geese


This is Trina's beautiful Flying Geese quilt.  Love the blue and turquoise fabrics in this quilt. 
 She asked for a dragonfly design so Dragonfly Pond panto it is!  This is one of the most requested pantos that I do for clients.


I used a light blue Bottom Line thread in the bobbin to match the backing fabric and a steel blue So Fine on top to blend with the blues.  Quilter's Dream Blend batting.


I really like how Trina used her fabrics to create a secondary Pinwheel design in the Flying Geese blocks.


5 comments:

  1. Very pretty Trina - love the batiks you chose. And as always great photos and lovely work Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple and beautiful! The panto is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take such nice photos,thank you for sharing the panto name, I think I'll be adding it to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Lori, wanted something lighter for summer etc. I used the Fons and Porter flying geese ruler,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours, reminds me of water, and geese do love the water! Such a pretty panto too, great definition.

    Linda in Cooks Creek, MB

    ReplyDelete