Friday, May 25, 2012

Angel Baby Quilt


Barb asked if I would quilt her satin Angel Baby quilt and I just love how it turned out.  She pre-marked the pattern onto the satin so I just had to stitch it out.  I had never quilted on satin before and was a bit worried how that would go but I had no problems.  If you have never seen this pattern before it is designed by JoAnn Hoffman and you can find the paper or digital patterns here

The quilt is designed so you can lay a baby on it and take their picture so the baby has a halo and wings....the idea is soooo cute!  I didn't have a baby to lay on this one so here is a picture from JoAnn's website. She also has a Butterfly version.


Here is a close up of the one I quilted for Barb, she plans on take a picture of her granddaughter on it!


It is hard to tell it is satin in the above pictures so here is another one that shows the shiny satin better.
I also used two batts of Quilter's Dream Puff and that worked well as Barb wanted it to be nice and puffy.


13 comments:

  1. Stunning!!! You did an amazing job, Kathy!! Boy you sure can't tell you were nervous cuz it looks perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning and elegant! Barb's granddaughter is a lucky girl. Kudos to both the grandma and the longarmer. A

    ReplyDelete
  3. really beautiful Kathy!!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is amazing. I hope you get a picture with the baby on it. So Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, and your work in beautiful. This is on my list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of quilting on satin! This is a fabulous piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous is that!! You really did an awesome job! Love the look of the satin. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the cutest picture with the quilting and the baby--I wish I could quilt this well and I would make every baby quilt with wings and a halo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I buy one of these? Do you have an etsy account?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the paper pattern and wonder if you have any suggestions on how to begin. I think i have everything i need to make (2). We have a g.grandson due in Aug. and G.granddaugter in Dec. So i need to get busy. Any suggestions would be welcome.

    ReplyDelete