Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rosebud Border


This is Melba's latest Stack and Whack quilt, one of many I have quilted for her.  This time I used the Feather Curl panto in the centre and custom quilted the borders.
The outer border is one of my favourite free hand border designs and I call it 'Rosebuds'.  I saw something similar done on a quilt on a quilting forum and they called it 'Onions and Garlic'.  I played with that design and put more emphasis on the swirl and it now looks like a rosebud to me.
It is a very fast and fun design to stitch out.




7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I love your border work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your sun bleached quilt! And I love that border!! Thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stack and whacks are neat looking quilts!-I'm going to try that border design-well I'm going to doodle it now and hopefully remember to use it soon-very cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE what you did in the border!!! That design is fantastic!!! Quilting looks perfect for the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so good at the border and I like it ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stack and whack quilt and the quilting look terrific! What a perfect design on the border!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like that, very summery. and the quilting is sublime.

    ReplyDelete